How do I report a Facebook message?
This is about using messages on Facebook on a computer. For help with the Messenger app or messenger.com, visit the Messenger Help Center.
If you think a message you've received is spam or goes against our Community Standards, you can let us know.
To send feedback on or report a conversation on Facebook:
- From , click Messenger in the left menu.
- Open the conversation that you want to report.
- Under Privacy and Support in the right side, click Something's Wrong.
- Select a category to help us understand what's wrong, then click Next.
- Click Send Feedback.
We won't let the person know who reported them. Keep in mind that not everything that may be upsetting violates our Community Standards.
Community Standards violations include:
- Bullying or harassment: Content that appears to purposefully target a person with the intention of degrading or shaming them, or repeatedly contacting a person despite that person’s clear desire and action to prevent contact.
- Direct threats: Serious threats of harm to public and personal safety, credible threats of physical harm, specific threats of theft, vandalism, or other financial harm.
- Sexual violence and exploitation: Content that threatens or promotes sexual violence or exploitation, including solicitation of sexual material, any sexual content involving minors, threats to share intimate things you want to keep private (such as images or videos), and offers of sexual services.
Learn more about Facebook safety tools and resources. If you ever feel like you or someone you know is in immediate danger, contact your local law enforcement.