How do I turn the face recognition setting on or off for my Facebook account?
When you turn your face recognition setting on, we’ll use face recognition technology to analyze photos and videos we think you’re in, such as your profile picture and photos you've already been tagged in, to create a template for you. We use your template to recognize you in other photos, videos and other places where the camera is used (like live video) on Facebook. Learn more about your template and how the face recognition setting works on Facebook.
Keep in mind, the face recognition setting is only available to people who are over 18. People under 18 won’t have the face recognition setting.
To turn this setting on or off for your account:
- Click in the top right of Facebook.
- Select Settings & Privacy, then click Settings.
- In the left column, click Face Recognition.
- Go to Do you want Facebook to be able to recognize you in photos and videos? and click Edit.
- Select Yes or No to confirm your choice.
When you turn this setting off:
- Your Facebook experience won't include us recognizing you. Learn more about how the face recognition setting works.
- We’ll delete your face recognition template.
- We won’t use face recognition to suggest that people tag you in photos. This means that you’ll still be able to be tagged in photos, but we won’t suggest tags based on a face recognition template.