How can I navigate Messenger.com using a screenreader?
Messenger.com Heading Structure
Messenger.com includes the following headings to make navigation with a screen reader easier:
- H2 Heading (1 of 2): A heading with the text Conversation List that marks the start of your list of conversations.
- H2 Heading (2 of 2): A heading containing the names of the people in the current conversation or the title of the conversation if you've named it. It marks the start of the main content.
- H3 Heading: A heading in the main content with the text Messages. It marks the start of the messages that are shown for the current conversation.
- H4 Heading: Headings in the message region containing a date or timestamp. Each one marks the start of a block of messages in the current conversation that began at the specified date or time.
- H5 Heading: Headings in the message region containing the name of a participant. Each one marks the start of a block of messages in the current conversation from the specified person.
Messenger.com ARIA Landmarks
Messenger.com includes the following landmarks to make navigation with a screen reader easier:
- Banner Navigation: The banner at the top of the page, which includes access to settings, a link for starting a new conversation and search.
- Conversations Navigation: The left side of the page, which includes a list of all of your conversations. Activating a link to a conversation in this list will display it in the main content.
- Main Navigation: The main content, which includes information, past messages and the message composer for the currently displayed conversation.