How do I respond to a message in Messenger.com using a screen reader?
To respond to a message in Messenger.com using a screen reader:
- Navigate to the conversations list on the left.
- Locate the conversation and activate its link, which will move focus to the Type a message field.
- Focus on the Type a message field at the bottom.
- Your screen reader may announce the content of the last message in the conversation and who sent it.
- Windows screen readers may announce the description with their commands for reading the field name and contents.
- VoiceOver users can access the description by pressing ctrl-option-shift-h on the keyboard.
- Enter the text that you want to send and press the enter key to send it.
- To review your message, navigate to the appropriate heading structure.