How do I turn captions on for videos on Facebook?
You can adjust your video settings to always show captions, when available.
- Click in the top right of Facebook.
- Select Settings & Privacy > Settings.
- Scroll down and click Videos in the left column.
- Click Off next to Always Show Captions.
- Select On to turn on captions for Facebook videos, when available.
Your caption settings will only apply to videos you watch on a computer.
- Go to your device's home screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Accessibility > Subtitles & Captioning.
- Tap next to Closed Captions + SDH to turn on captions for videos, when available.
Keep in mind that not all videos on Facebook have captions. Learn how to add captions to a video you've added.