How do I add captions to my Page's video on Facebook?
You can add captions to your Page's video to make it accessible to a broader audience. You can automatically generate captions and edit them, write them yourself or you can upload a SubRip (.srt) file.
To add captions to your Page's video:
- From your News Feed, click Pages in the left menu.
- Go to your Page.
- Click Photo/Video at the top of your Page's timeline.
- Click Upload Photos/Video and select a video from your computer.
- Once your video has uploaded, click Subtitles & Captions(CC) in the column on the right.
- Next to Video Language, select the main language spoken in the video.
- Once your video has finished uploading, select whether you'd like to auto-generate captions, write them yourself or upload a SubRip (.srt) file.
- Click Publish.
If you choose to upload a .srt file, make sure that your caption files are correctly named and formatted before you upload them.
To add captions to an existing video on your Page, find the post on your Page's timeline, click in the top-right corner, select Edit Post and follow the steps above.
Note: People who watch your Page's video with sound turned off will automatically see captions. People who watch your video with sound turned on will need to turn on captions to see them. The language people see captions in is determined by their preferred language.